Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Sick, Sicker, and More Sick

In my life, when it rains, it really, really pours.

I apologize for really dropping the ball this week. I haven't been able to post anything, much less really work on any crafts. The reason? Oh, there's more than one.

I caught a nasty cold from my husband. He caught it from working as a sales rep for a company that had a roadshow in Costco. Being around hundreds of different people every day for two weeks, I suppose he was bound to catch something.The frustrating thing, however, is that he had minor symptoms for about 10 days straight. I, on the other hand, came down with it on Sunday, and by Monday it was all I could do to get out of bed. Tuesday was worse, and Wednesday was worse still. Today is slightly better. Constant sinus headache, watery eyes, runny and stuffy nose, clogged and painful inner ears, fiery sore throat, raspy coughing, sneezing 5-7 times in a row every hour, and an overall exhausted and achy body. It's been less than fun. To top that off, Graham caught it too.

Along with that, on Sunday my body decided that breastfeeding was no longer going to keep my menstruation cycle from returning. I won't give you details, because you don't need them to know I'm miserable and only want to eat sugar, carbs, and chocolate all day long.

And then yesterday I had some serious abdominal pain. No, it was not cramping from the aforementioned problem. This was something else, and it hurt bad. On a scale of 1-10, if labor pains are 9-10, this was a 7-8. It hurt so badly that I got really naseaus for a while. I sat curled up on the couch for an hour yesterday whimpering while my son sat on the floor crying and fussing and my sweet husband sat next to me offering whatever comfort he could. A trip to the bathroom and two Tylenol later, I laid on the
couch watching tv shows on Hulu while completely wiped out of energy.

That's not even all I've been dealing with, but I'm not going to complain anymore right now.

So, in summary...

Sick, miserable mommy + sick, fussy baby = doing nothing for a week

And what a perfect week, too, when I was supposed to be making our Halloween costumes. I hope I can still get them done, because our family themed costumes were going to be (and hopefully still will be) EPIC.


On a more positive note, here's a list of things I'm grateful for this week.

stretchy sweatpants
short hair
a mom who's only a phone call away
my water bottle
fudge brownie ice cream
orange juice
prayer
the internet
Hulu
cinnamon-sugar toast
my sweet son
my tender husband who puts me and my needs first and thinks I'm pretty no matter how I look.

Those last two are what I'm hands-down the most grateful for. Wouldn't you be?






2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm so sorry!! I hope you feel better soon!! The only thing worse than being a sick mommy is being a sick mommy to a sick kid!! **HUG**
    ~April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I completely agree. My poor son has all the usual energy but is more fussy than usual, and it's impossible for me to keep up with him. The poor boy didn't even get out of his pajamas today. Of course, neither did I.

      *sigh* Maybe tomorrow. ;)

      Delete