Monday, October 8, 2012

Project Silas Sea Turtle Buddies

I'm so excited about my post today! Recently my friend Jamie invited me to participate in a wonderful project. A sweet 4-year-old boy named Silas has liver cancer and a close friend of that family is starting an online store to raise money for him. A lot of crafty and creative people are participating by making and donating things to sell in it, and giving all of the proceeds to the family.

I'm so stoked about participating in this! This sweet little boy loves sea turtles, so the theme for the store is just that. Please have a look at the Facebook page  and the online store..

Here's what I made to contribute.



Isn't he cute?!

I drew up the pattern myself.



And then went to town on the 100% cotton.




I even hand stitched the bottom on because using the machine just wouldn't work. Plus, it adds a nice, little, special detail and makes it that much more unique.

I'm not shy about using pins. Does this look a little creepy?

Cute little overhand stitches.


I'm really pleased with the outcome. I'm definitely going to make more of these, and perhaps other animals too. It was really fun.





Don't forget to check out and like the Facebook page and the online store! They can use all the support they can get.

If you'd like to participate and make something to contribute, please contact me for details at gourmet.by.janae@gmail.com and I'll pass your information along to the person in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment