Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Photos

Back in September, we went to visit some friends and family members in Utah. It was a fun little trip, jam packed with visits to many people we care about. We drove Bob's car and made it from San Diego to Orem, Utah on a single tank of fuel! Yes, that's 800 miles between stops for diesel. That car was such a great investment, even if it was a complete headache to purchase initially.

Anyway, while up there, we went for a short hike with my sister-in-law and her kids. Utah is gorgeous in autumn. So I snapped some photos of my favorite scenes during the quick hike.


I love the gentle fading from green to orange at the tips of the branches.


The trees were turning such stunning colors!





I love the juxtaposition of the bright, soft and fluffy flower with the spiky, thorn-riddled stem.

A close-up of a big rock with some really cool lichens growing on it.


Did I mention that it was really windy that day?


I (and Bob) also took a few pictures of my fun little niece and nephews and my awesome sister-in-law.





Thanks, Ashley, for the fun visit last month!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! You almost make me miss it... Just a little bit... :)

    ReplyDelete